Tuesday 25 October 2016

WLAQ 38th Annual Awards Dinner

October is always a crazy time for events and for me in general (birthday month!).  This year was no exception with a lot of my spare time taken up with organising the WLAQ 38th Annual Awards Dinner.  It was held on Friday night with a record attendance of 240 members of the legal profession and friends.

I love organising events, it is the fun part of any task and it kind of comes naturally to me (I put it down to my job during high school at Bundy Bowl & Leisure with organising functions and parties).  This year we had Caroline Overington as our guest speaker.  She was previously with Women's Weekly and is now back at the Australia and for me to attempt to summarise her and her achievements in this paragraph would surely undermine the significance she has had on Australian journalism and for women in that field.

Andre Cois Photography 
T
his Awards Dinner was even more special for me as I was able to deliver my President's Address.  We held our Women at the Bar event in early September 2016, but I wanted more than ever to make an impact with my address, excite those in the room and give some ideas for future consideration.  The feedback following my address has given me many 'pinch me' moments and I would specifically like to acknowledge Roger Derrington QC who, in his role as Editor of Queensland Reports, published my address and gave an excellent review of the Awards Dinner.  To read a copy of my address, please visit this link.

As I read over it, I am even more excited about what we can do in years to come.  It is all about keeping the discussion going and providing solutions to the barriers facing women in the legal profession.

7 comments:

  1. I have never ever got this type of informative and easy contents yet I enjoyed reading these.
    www.ohioduidude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good https://accident.biz Personal injury lawyer gives fast and state-of-the-art data on legitimate issues you are confronting
    they have an enormous library where you can discover points of interest on any region secured by the Law. In addition to that,
    to seek solid pile up legal counselor, you can take the assistance of bona fide law locales which help to locate a decent legal
    lawyer in your general vicinity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding efforts for making this blog!! Your writers and your work are really appreciative.
    justia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These articles and blogs are certainly sufficient for me personally for a day.
    divorce attorney appleton wi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Very Nice post Such a great useful information thanks for sharing VALIUM 10MG TABLETS

    ReplyDelete