Thursday 3 April 2014

Mel V's super moist protein biccies

I love my protein, but I also love my sweets!! Seeing I work out at least 5 times a week, I need my snacks, but as with most career girls, I don't have time to make things and often resort to buying snacks that have that much preservatives I am sure to be mummified instantly upon death.

But then Mel V (you know the girl who exposed the truth behind the before/after body transformation pictures), came along with these biscuits. We were having a bander on Instagram over her use of the word "moist", so I rose to the challenge and made them. DELICIOUS and yes moist!

What surprised me most was the secret ingredient - see if you can pick it below. 



Ingredients

- 30g of melted butter (I used nutlex)
- 100gr of natural peanut butter
- 400gr of chickpeas washed, rinsed and spun through the blender
- 40gr of ground oats
- 2 tbsp of honey (ok I used 3 - sorry Mel!)
- scoop of whey protein powder (Mel used Delicious protein peanut butter chocolate shake, I only have vanilla so I used that)
- 25gr of chocolate chips

Mix everything, bar the chocolate chips, REALLY well.  Once mixed through, add in the chocolate chips.  Roll into chunky biscuits. Probably don't flatten them as much as I did. 

Bake for 15-18mins at 160 degrees.  They are really sticky so use baking paper.  Makes 9. 

Cannot thank Mel enough for this recipe. I LOVE THEM! 

Cas

2 comments:

  1. I am getting expertise all the time by reading such pleasurable posts.
    ohioduidude

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my very first time to visit this blog; I’m visiting this daily and acquire superb info from here day by day.
    lawyer

    ReplyDelete