Monday 3 June 2013

I am back - LawyerCas: Life of a Lawyer (re)launch

I am not new to the blogging sphere, having dabbled blogs in their early days and more recently tumblr. I wanted to start fresh so spent a bit of time deciding which platform I wanted to use for my (re)launch of "LawyerCas - Life of a Lawyer" - and now I'm back!

The next issue I had was content. I don't want to focus on my law - I have twitter to share that info. I am all for the separation of work and personal opinions. I thought about using this blog as an outlet to the intricate workings of my non-stop, over analysing mind, but who wants a dear diary entry that will come back to haunt me if I ever make use of my second degree and enter into politics.

So, what does that leave? Plenty of options! My interests vary from that of an intense tomboy who will out skill you on every ruling made in footy, to wine and what red gives off the best tannins, to fashion and shoes. Oh I love shoes - make that heels. Give a woman a good set of heels and she will rule the world. I am passionate about women making a difference in this world (refer to my constant #careergirls tweets on Twitter), but my views will always fall short of my foresisters such as Mary Wollstonecraft, and given the resurgence of feminism in recent times I need to be careful of my views in fear of offending or alienating anyone. I could go on - surfing, skating, the beach, cupcakes, brunches, Latin, literature, God - I love it all. Except meat, I can't blog on meat - I am a pescatarian, seafood only.

Therefore, be prepared to be inundated with all things #lifeofalawyer. Why? Because I can. We all have a voice, we all have views and we all have ambitions. Some of you might think who cares what she does. But there is always a misconception about lawyers and the life we lead. You will learn that I am not from your stereotypical old-money-everyone-is-in-law-or-politics family. I want to encourage everyone to realise their dreams. If law is yours, go for it. If it is something else. Go for that. Put your mind to it and don't stop until you have succeeded.

“It matters not how strait the gate, 

How charged with punishments the scroll, 

I am the master of my fate: 

I am the captain of my soul.”



William Ernest Henley

Ans so begins the (re)launch of LawyerCas and Life of a Lawyer . Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. It’s an outstanding article in favor of all the web guests; they will get benefit from it I am confident.
    http://ohioduidude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the informative blog.. We can help you navigate
    through the pitfalls associated with being charged with any law offence.
    Geelong Criminal Lawyers

    ReplyDelete